Has learning Spanish been on your bucket list for a while? Well, this may just be the right website for you. We have an amazing Spanish Grammar section edited by Master’s and/or Ph.D. professors. We have five Spanish Courses from Beginner Spanish to Advanced Spanish. We help you to master Spanish Verbs, and maybe most importantly, we help you learn Conversational Spanish . An important part of learning that we emphasize is Spanish Pronunciation. You can know thousands of words in a foreign language, but if you can’t pronounce them well, you might as well be speaking to a door.
Next we’ll answer some common questions people have about the Spanish language and learning languages in general:
What is the Best Way to Learn Spanish?
To learn a language easily and quickly, you need to find some engaging Spanish lessons and some way to remind you to keep learning. You may have the best of intentions, but if you start and only spend a few days, then forget about it, you’ll never learn.
Here are some of the benefits of learning Spanish with us:
- We have chosen the most well liked and very best Spanish lessons/videos on YouTube and turned them into courses to help you learn.
- On the side of every lesson is a place to sign up to receive lessons by email that help you complete the course.
- Since lessons are internet/YouTube videos, they are fun to watch. We have chosen the most engaging videos and instructors from YouTube to keep your attention.
- Spanish lessons can be watched on a desktop computer or a mobile device.
How to Learn Spanish – Tips and Tricks
- One of the most important things to consider to learn a language easily is to learn is regular sessions. In other words, cramming languages does not work well. If you decide to learn just one day a week and study for three hours, you won’t retain much of what you’ve learned. However, if you study Spanish three to four days a week for shorter sessions, you will learn and retain much more!
- Where can I learn? 25 years ago, if you wanted to learn, you had to buy a book or attend a class. Today, you can have instructors right from the internet teach you at home!
- How to become fluent: After learning using lessons like those on this site, one of the most important methods you can use is to take with native speakers face to face or through video chat. An awesome way to do this is through a website we recommend called Verbling. You can choose your own instructor and chat with them online live!
Why Do You Want to Learn Spanish?
According to our research, can you guess the best reasons people want to learn a language like Spanish?…The top one is for personal satisfaction. It’s not for a job or travel or to get to know neighbors or relatives, although these are also important reasons that people list.
Learning a language does many important things for you. First, it helps keep your brain young. Next, learning a new language let’s you connect with new friends. Learning a new language gives you a lot of personal satisfaction, and finally, learning a language can increase your earning capacity.
How Long Does it Take to Learn Spanish?
That is really a loaded question. The answer is – it depends on what level you want of Spanish you want to learn. Here are some basic answers for you:
- One Week – You can learn basic vocabulary to converse on a trip or introduce yourself. You can also learn basics of how to order at a restaurant and so forth.
- Three Months – You can really start becoming fluent. If you spend 30-60 minutes a day for three to five days a week, you can learn hundreds of vocabulary words and say just about anything you need to at a basic level.
- Six Months – You can really start mastering Spanish verb conjugations and more in-depth grammar topics. This will help you say just about anything you need to say in Spanish.
- One Year with Time in a Foreign Country – with this much time speaking Spanish, you can really start to approximate native speech. The more you practice and notice how native Spanish speakers speak and form sentences, the better you will become. Now, you will never get to this point unless you are practicing 3-5 days a week for an hour or so per time.
What Type of Spanish is Best to Learn?
- If you live in the United States, a majority of the Latin Americans you meet will be from Mexico. Hence, Mexican Spanish is what you’ll want to learn. What is Mexican Spanish? Really, it is the basic Spanish you will learn on this website or in American schools for that matter. (Although the Spanish you learn in school is a quite formal.)
- If you learn Spanish from Mexico, you will also know South American Spanish. They are essentially the same thing. There are just a few words different here and there and the accent varies slightly from country to country.
- Next is Spanish from Spain. The difference between Mexican/Latin American Spanish and Spanish from Spain is about like the difference between English from the United States and English from England. There is a pronounced accent difference and about as many different words as in the U.S. vs. the U.K.
What Else Can I Learn on This Website?
Here on the website, you can also learn a number of different languages. You can learn French, practice Italian, learn German, improve your English if you’re not a native English speaker, and you can learn Asian languages like Chinese and Japanese.